Multimedia Specialists and Web Developers
Multimedia Specialists and Web Developers create computer animation, audio, video and graphic image files for multimedia presentations, games, motion pictures, CD-ROMs, information kiosks and the web, and plan, produce and maintain websites and web applications using web programming, scripting, authoring, content management and file transfer software.
Strong Future Growth
1910 Weekly Pay Before Tax
80% full-time Full-Time Share
17% female Gender Share
There are many tasks done by multimedia specialists and web developers. A few are listed below:
- analysing, designing and developing Internet sites applying a mixture of artistry and creativity with software programming and scripting languages and interfacing with operating environments
- designing and developing digital animations, imaging, presentations, games, audio and video clips, and Internet applications using multimedia software, tools and utilities, interactive graphics and programming languages
- communicating with network specialists regarding web-related issues, such as security and hosting websites, to control and enforce Internet and web server security, space allocation, user access, business continuity, website backup and disaster recovery planning
- designing, developing and integrating computer code with other specialised inputs, such as image files, audio files and scripting languages, to produce, maintain and support websites
- assisting in analysing, specifying and developing Internet strategies, web-based methodologies and development plans
- Multimedia Specialist
- Web Developer
- Electronic Game Developer
- Multimedia Developer
- Multimedia Programmer
- Web Programmer
Women in STEM
"Build up a support crew of people that will stand by you and encourage you, people who will lovingly let you know when you’re wrong, people who look nothing like you and people who have different life experiences to you."
"I wanted to be a translator, so I could connect to every country in the world. I now consider programmatic languages one of the many languages I’ve been lucky enough to study. "