Other Natural and Physical Science Professionals
Other Natural and Physical Science Professionals include Conservator, Metallurgist, Meteorologist and Physicist occupations.
Moderate Future Growth
2136 Weekly Pay Before Tax
74% full-time Full-Time Share
41% female Gender Share
There are many tasks done by other natural and physical science professionals. A few are listed below:
- planning and organising the conservation of materials and objects in libraries, archives, museums, art galleries and other institutions
- researching, developing, controlling and providing advice on processes used in extracting metals from their ores, and on processes used for casting, alloying, heat treating or welding refined metals, alloys and other materials
- studying the physics and dynamics of the atmosphere to increase understanding of weather and climate, and to forecast changes in the weather and long-term climatic trends
- studying matter, space, time, energy, forces and fields and the interrelationship between these physical phenomena to further understanding of the laws governing the behaviour of the universe, and seeking to apply these laws to solve practical problems and discover new information about the earth and the universe
- Exercise Physiologist
- Natural and Physical Science Professional
- Materials Scientist
- Polymer Scientist
- Respiratory Scientist
- Sleep Scientist
- Art Conservator
- Hydrometallurgical Engineer
- Pyrometallurgical Engineer
- Radiological Metallurgist
- Weather Forecaster
- Medical Physicist
Women in STEM
"4 mantras: Do what’s hard, place high expectations on your-self, take risks and do something that matters."
Computer science researcher
"… anybody can achieve a career in STEM, everyone has the right to equal opportunities, including young women, including young Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people."
"I find it’s really helpful to remember WHY you want to do what you want to do. Why do you love science? Why do you want to achieve that particular goal? If you remember the ‘why’, that will motivate you to keep going and smashing those challenges!"
Science Communicator and extraordinary Astrophysicist